Tuesday, December 23, 2014

In Search of Christmas Spirit - Day 22

Day 22 - Wrapping, Argh

I've been closeted in my bedroom for the last few hours wrapping presents.  I was almost finished, but then I hit the wall.  So I decided to take a break, stretch my legs, and write this post.

I know wrapping is necessary, but with the exception of Christmas lights -- I think I've been pretty clear about how I feel about Christmas lights -- wrapping has got to be the worst part of Christmas.

Because it's not my favorite thing, I normally procrastinate and end up spending Christmas Eve by myself, locked in my bedroom, wrapping while watching "It's A Wonderful Life" and drinking egg nog.  I love "It's A Wonderful Life" and obviously I'm a fan of egg nog, but having to spend Christmas Eve alone is just not working for me anymore.  This year, I'm determined to have all of my wrapping finished before Christmas Eve.  That leaves me about an hour to wrap up the wrapping.

Wrapping -- not so good for the Christmas spirit.