Friday, December 12, 2014

In Search of Christmas Spirit - Day 11



Day 11:  Loose Ends


Another busy weekend on deck:  two hockey games and 4 performances of "Cyrano de BurgerShack."  My family is coming to stay for the weekend, so my Christmassy task of the day was to tie up some loose ends.

First, for good measure, I added a couple more quilts.  This is, after all, supposed to be a quilting blog!  My mom made this sweet little quilt for me for Christmas last year.


She also made this one for me several years ago.  Isn't she talented!?


I changed out my table runner too.  This one is called "Cranberry Christmas."


Then I put out the stockings:


And finally, I finished the exterior illumination.  And this time I was smart!  I went out and bought two new strands of lights for the street lamp and the front door, and not just any lights, strands of lights that would stay lit even if a bulb went out.  Genius!  Not me obviously, otherwise I would have already been using them!

So here is the street lamp:


And finally, at long last, the finished house:

The white circles are snowflakes! Cool, huh!?
So with the notable exception of Hector's ornaments (Hector, once again, is our Christmas tree), the house is ready for Christmas company.  I've got champagne chilling in the fridge and my Christmas spirit is growing, despite the fact that I am beginning to wonder:  who is going to help me with the January dismantling?