Wednesday, December 3, 2014

In Search of Christmas Spirit - Day 2



Day 2:


This morning we woke up to another couple of inches of snow and a two hour delayed school start.  Climbing back into bed at 5:30 for another hour of sleep has definitely boosted my spirits.


And, fresh as a daisy after our relaxed morning, I decided that today was the day to pull out the Christmas quilts.










The first to go up was my Home for the Holidays wall hanging.


Followed by my Christmas in the Cabin table runner.


The pillow I made with leftover Christmas in the Cabin trees went in my favorite chair.



And my O Holy Night wall hanging, an oldie but a goodie, went on its hook in the stairway.



And finally, the latest addition to my Christmas collection, this sweet little framed quilt.  I wish I could say it was my design, but alas it's a Bareroots "little stitchies" pattern, #155 Christmas Stitchery to be exact.  I made it during the height of my pre-Thanksgiving Christmas spirit and it's sitting on my kitchen window sill mocking me -- a reminder of Christmas spirit past.  Hmm, it is really cute though.  Could it be a portent of Christmas spirit yet to come...