Thursday, December 22, 2022

Glad Tidings Quilt-Along Day 8

***The Glad Tidings Quilt-along is now over, but the complete Glad Tidings pattern is available in my Etsy Shop.***


 

It's day 8 of the Glad Tidings QAL and today we're wrapping things up.  I've seen a few finished quilt tops already on social media and they are BEAUTIFUL!  If you'd like to see what your fellow quilters have come up with, check out the hashtag #gladtidingsqal.

I don't have an instruction sheet for you today, but I would like to share some ideas for other ways you might use the Glad Tidings blocks.  While making my quilt, I couldn't help but think that the rows of blocks would lend themselves so well to pillows.  I'd hoped to make one for today, but, alas, Christmas.  Instead I sketched some ideas for when I do find the time—here are the best of the bunch:

First up are straightforward Joy, Noel, and Peace pillows, all 12" x 20":








Then I thought it might be fun to replace the wreath in the Joy set with the ornament (12" x 20"):




Here's a peek at what it might look like to combine Joy and Noel.  I added a holly block for extra cuteness (18" x 18"):




Which led me on to the non-letter blocks.  They're different sizes so it was a little harder to find a symmetry that I liked, but I think these two do the trick (16" x 16"):






And finally, here's the pillow that I'm hoping to make - Joy with extra borders (12" x 20"):



I think I'll try a different color palette this time.  The word "Joy" has me thinking of sweets and a little pink might be just the thing!


Now on to the Glad Tidings QAL Giveaway....Thank you to all who entered and congratulations to our winners: Cyndi (@cyndihomewisconsin) and Tammy (@basketnut1)!!! 



Finally, thank you so much for quilting-along with me this year.  Your response to the Glad Tidings QAL has been wonderful, and I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing pictures of your blocks and quilts on social media, reading your lovely comments, and connecting with so many of you.  I can't wait to do it all over again next year!  

In the meantime, I wish you a joyous and peaceful Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!

All my best, 

—jen