Monday, December 19, 2022

Glad Tidings QAL Day 7 - Pieced Border and Assembly

***The Glad Tidings Quilt-along is now over, but the complete Glad Tidings pattern is available in my Etsy Shop.***


Welcome back for day 7 of the Glad Tidings QAL!  Today we're making pieced borders and assembling our quilt tops.  Today is the reward for all of our hard work!



I've given you the instructions for making the pieced border first, because you'll be finishing up the charm square cutting.  But if you prefer to audition the placement of the pieced border squares around your quilt before making the actual borders, you should absolutely feel free to assemble your quilt centers first.

We're not quite finished with our Glad Tidings quilts yet, but I've so enjoyed hearing from you and seeing your progress on Instagram and Facebook.  Your response to this little quilt-along has made my month!  To thank you all, I'm going to have a Glad Tidings QAL Giveaway on Instagram.  I'll be giving away two prizes:  second prize will be a copy of Charmed by Moda Bake Shop, the gorgeous book that helped inspire the Glad Tidings quilt, and first prize will be a copy of Charmed by Moda Bake Shop AND a charm pack of Christmas Stitched by Fig Tree & Co., the fabric that I used to make my version of the Glad Tidings quilt.  Sound like fun?  Here's a link to the Giveaway post.




Have fun assembling your quilt tops!  I'll be back on Thursday for day 8 with a little show and tell and to announce the winners of the Glad Tidings QAL Giveaway!

—jen


Helpful links:


Glad Tidings complete pattern