Friday, June 10, 2016

Tiles - Free Pattern

The June/July 2016 issue of Quilters Newsletter is now out and available both on-line and wherever quilt magazines are sold, and my quilt Tiles is a "Web Extra" for the issue.


First of all, I apologize for the somewhat obvious name, but when I finished the quilt, it so strongly resembled a tile floor, that I had no other choice but to name it "Tiles."


I made Tiles with shot cottons by Marcus Brothers and the fabrics were amazing to work with.  They're woven fabrics with a lovely texture and the drape of the finished project is beautiful.  I found the striped border first and then chose the solids to go with it.  I was pleasantly surprised by how contemporary and almost masculine the finished quilt feels.  Definitely a different look for me and a reminder that you never really know how a quilt is going to turn out!

I realize that contemporary and masculine might not work for everyone, so here's a link to a blank coloring page for this quilt.  I thought it might be fun to give you a way to experiment with some different color palettes!

If you'd like to make your own version of Tiles, the free pattern is available for download on QN's website.  Enjoy!










No comments: