First of all, I apologize for the somewhat obvious name, but when I finished the quilt, it so strongly resembled a tile floor, that I had no other choice but to name it "Tiles."
I made Tiles with shot cottons by Marcus Brothers and the fabrics were amazing to work with. They're woven fabrics with a lovely texture and the drape of the finished project is beautiful. I found the striped border first and then chose the solids to go with it. I was pleasantly surprised by how contemporary and almost masculine the finished quilt feels. Definitely a different look for me and a reminder that you never really know how a quilt is going to turn out!
I realize that contemporary and masculine might not work for everyone, so here's a link to a blank coloring page for this quilt. I thought it might be fun to give you a way to experiment with some different color palettes!
If you'd like to make your own version of Tiles, the free pattern is available for download on QN's website. Enjoy!