Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Spring Fling

Ahhh.... spring has finally arrived in New Hampshire.  We've been having the most amazing weather for the past week.  Sunny and 70° every day and still no bugs!

I decided to celebrate with a little on-line fabric shopping and to my delight discovered mini charm packs -- collections of 2½" x 2½" squares of fabric.

Now, I LOVE regular charm packs -- a whole fabric line of color-coordinated perfection in a tidy little bundle for only $10 -- but mini charm packs are a revelation!!!



Look how cute they are in their tiny packaging with their darling pinked edges -- like gorgeous pieces of candy that fit perfectly in the palm of your hand!!  And at less than $5, they are absolutely guilt-free.

Of course, I realize that inch for inch, mini charm packs are much more expensive than full-size charm packs.  And I know that the number of pattern possibilities are more limited for 2½" x 2½" squares.  And, to be honest, I have to admit that I'm deeply hesitant to even remove the paper bands from the mini charm packs to get a closer look at the fabrics, much less sew them into a project.

But I really don't care!  I love them and love knows no reason.  It makes me happy just to look at them sitting on the corner of my cutting table, looking sweet.  Joy for $4.50?  Sold!