Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring, Really?

For the first time in months, last night I fell asleep to the sound of falling rain.  I was convinced that I would wake up this morning to find that the last remnants of snow had melted and that spring was finally here.  Instead this is what I found:


More snow.

For some reason, this morning I felt like this on the inside:


But outside it looked like this:



So I decided that if spring won't come to me, I'd make a little spring on my own:


I borrowed the paper-pieced tulips from an MH Designs pattern that I've had for a really long time, but that is actually still available on their website.  The MH Designs quilt is 11" x 18" and has 7 tulips.  I made it once for my mother-in-law, but never got around to making one for myself.  I don't know what took me so long!  The tulips are a breeze to make and really sweet.  My little quilt measures about 5 1/2" x 6" and here's how I'm going to display it:


I think it's darling on the little quilt frame that my mother gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago.

Now I have something springy to look at while I wait for the view outside my window to improve.  Not a bad way to spend a Monday morning!