Thursday, December 21, 2023

Bundle Up QAL Day 8 - Assembly - That's a Wrap!

 


After four weeks of quilting together, we've come to the final day of the Bundle Up Quilt-Along.  I'm always a little sad to reach the end of the QAL.  It's so much fun to connect with you all and it keeps my holiday spirit humming along all month.:)  But, the good part about reaching the end is getting to see some finished quilts!

I'm so happy with how my Bundle Up quilt turned out.  After assembling it, I machine quilted it using the "Surf" pattern by Anne Bright Designs.  I've used Surf before and it's a great one for both watery and wintery quilts.  I quilted my quilt with a gray-blue thread that melts away into the background and doesn't fight the white too much.  I bound my quilt with a diagonal red and white stripe and I love how it contributes to the subtle Christmassy vibe of the quilt and adds another pop of interest.  So fun!

I'm sure you're excited to begin assembling your Bundle Up quilt, so without further delay, here's the link to today's two-page assembly instruction sheet:




I'd love to see your finished Bundle Up quilts!  If you post on social media, please tag me @jendalyquilts and use the #bundleupqal.  Or if you prefer, you can always drop me an email me at jendalyquilts@gmail.com.

If you haven't been able to quilt along with us this month, the individual Bundle Up instruction sheets will remain available through December 29th (see the helpful links below).  The complete Bundle Up pattern will also be available for download in my Etsy shop indefinitely.

I'm already starting to think of ideas for next year's Christmas quilt-along!  It's hard to believe, but it will be our tenth annual QAL—time flies!  I'll announce next year's QAL in November of 2024.  If you're an email subscriber, you'll receive a notification in your inbox.

In the meantime, thank you so much for quilting/following along with me this year!  It's the quilty highlight of my Christmas season and I can't thank you enough for your support!  I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy and healthy new year and don't forget to bundle up!

Warmly,
—jen


Helpful links:
Bundle Up Quilt-Along Page
Bundle Up Materials List
Bundle Up Cutting
Bundle Up Day 2 - Shoo Fly/Star Blocks
Bundle Up Day 3 - Pinwheels/Snowflake
Bundle Up Day 4 - Brrr
Bundle Up Day 5 - Hat
Bundle Up Day 6 - Mittens
Bundle Up Day 7 - Socks

Bundle Up complete pattern